Let's talk about Turquoise !
Turquoise is not only beautiful but also probably the oldest stone in history.
Turquoise beads dating back to 5000 B.C. have been found in Iraq. The Egyptians were mining the stones in the Sinai in 3200 B.C, the death mask of Tutankhamun had turquoise inlay, as did the mosaic Aztecs masks dedicated to the gods. The Pueblo, Navajo, and Apache tribes cherished turquoise and used it as an amulet. In Persia, turquoise was extensively used to decorate objects, mosques, and other important buildings both inside and out such as the Medresseh-i Shah Husein Mosque of Isfahan. The Persian style was later brought to India. It is also the most valued stone in Tibet.
The name turquoise dates back to the 17th century and is derived from the French, “pierre turquoise”, meaning “Turkish stone,” because the trade routes that brought turquoise to Europe from the mines in central Asia went through Turkey.
The best quality turquoise stones come from Iran, Afghanistan, Australia, Tibet and southwestern United States.
Turquoise combines the water, wind, fire, and Earth energies, thereby it is containing the power and unity of the storm element. It is a master healer.
Turquoise teaches the wisdom of compassion and forgiveness and offers the opportunity to experience selfishness, kindness, and generosity.
- Strength, good for exhaustion, depression, or panic attacks.
- Enhances physical and psychic immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory and detoxifying.
- Reduces excess acidity and benefits gout, rheumatism, and the stomach.
- Assists in problems of the brain, eyes, ears, neck, and throat, especially cataracts, migraines, and headaches.
- helps in healing lung and respiratory disorders and allergies.
- Helps oxygenate the blood.
- Release of useless regrets.
- Relieves stress.
- Brings serenity.
- Calm those with a tendency to overreact to situations.
- Helps speak the truth.
“I speak my truth with clarity and love.”
Wear this turquoise bracelet with intention, repeat the affirmation, and trust that your life will improve.